If you have chosen a Blank template or a Non-fiction template and you do not find one of the folders mentioned below, simply open a new Novel template and drag the folders from the Binder of your new template into the Binder of your current project.
The Front Matter folder
1) The Front Matter folder: holds three folders for the different types of front matter you might want to include with your book depending on the type of document you are exporting.
If you are sending your manuscript out to agents you will use the Manuscript Format and the front will have your contact details.
If you are self publishing a paperback your book will need a title page and copyright information.
If you are compiling for an eBook it will also have to include your internal book cover.
You attach one of these folders to the outside of your manuscript folder when compiling for each different platform, leaving your manuscript folder itself unchanged.
2) The Template Sheets Folder: holds pre-configured Character Sketch and Place Sketch templates to help you build out and detail your character and milieu information.
You can go to Main Menu > Project > New From Template or copy a template, rename it and drag it into your character or place folders.
3) The Characters Folder: is where you keep your Character sketches.
4) The Places Folder: is where you keep all your milieu information.
How to attach an image to a character or place sketch
First of all, if you only want to refer to your image whilst viewing the character or place sketch you can simply drag one in to the Editing area of your character or place sketch.
But if you add images to the synopsis for each sketch you can view multiple images at the same time in Corkboard mode and compare them. To add an image to the synopsis window of a document so that you can view it in the Corkboard:
- Open the Inspector. At the very top you will see the Synopsis window.
- Click on the image icon to toggle between synopsis and image.
- Drag an image into the synopsis window from your desktop or from within your project.
- Right click on the image to scale it, align it . . .
- or clear it.
- You can have a synopsis and an image for each document and toggle between them by clicking on the icon in the top right corner.