To Change Your Language Settings
or if you are writing in English, to set your spell checker to either British English or U.S. English:
If you are on a Mac:
Go to Main Menu > Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar which brings up the Spelling and Grammar dialogue box.
Or select any word, right click on it and select Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar from the dropdown menu.
Click on the drop down menu indicated by the red arrow to choose your language preference.
If you are using Windows:
Go to Main Menu > Tools > Options which brings up the Options dialogue box.
- Open the Corrections tab.
- Under Dictionary options click on Select... to select from the available English dictionaries and click OK.
- Or Download a different language by clicking on the Download… button.
- Under Spelling Options you can also decide whether you want misspelling pointed out as you type or to check spelling from time to time.
- Once you have set your language preference click OK.
Quick Access to Dictionary, Thesaurus and Wikipedia.
- Highlight a word, right click on it and choose Look up from the drop down menu. A Dictionary and Thesaurus box will float up.
- Open Writing Tools for a shortcut to various search options.